Modern smart security installations have become increasingly more intelligent. Even so, it’s still easy to forget to do easy security tasks like activating your a security system, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
What if you didn’t have to remember doing these tasks again? When utilizing geofencing in Beaumont, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Beaumont For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter along the sides of your property, which you are able to set up in your smartphone app. The technology then tracks your phone to see when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components utilize to communicate with each other. This technological advancement aids your security system by centralizing all devices onto one, unified network. You can then institute specific boundaries around your house and designate the specific actions you want to occur when you go past the prearranged border line.
For instance, when you pull away from your driveway, you could instruct your security system to lock doors, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even change your your temperature settings.
Below are some of the technologies you may command with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics including speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your home’s security system in Beaumont. When accessing the ADT Control app, you have the ability to do a lot with smart home automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart alarms and cameras to operate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to lower to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your alarms when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific devices come alive in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to activate the exhaust fan if the fire alarm goes off. Or illuminate your hall’s smart light if your security camera detects abnormal activity in the yard.
● Set a scene: Design scenes featuring various devices that function in concert with each other. Have your lights turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks engage when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for movie night with preset light and HVAC adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set the security system if you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you'll never forget to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Beaumont
Whether you seek added reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members today at (409) 207-0852 or send in the following form to begin customizing your perfect security system.